I was first elected as Member of Parliament for Brent North in 1997. Since then I've been working hard to deliver results for the community that I live in and represent. As you have taken the time to come to my page, I wanted to share with you some of the wins for Brent North that we have achieved.
- Ended the misery of outside toilets in Roe Green school.
- Campaigned with residents of Mountaire Court to pass the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.
- Secured £47 million to bring JFS from Camden to Brent.
- Brought 'Move It!' to 3,000 children a week in our secondary schools to help tackle childhood obesity.
- Opened the new Wembley Primary School.
- Introduced the Control of Fireworks Act to end the all night noise nuisance residents used to complain of.
- Built the new A&E at Northwick Park Hospital.
In 2015, the people of Brent North sent me back to Parliament with my biggest ever majority and I've been working hard to repay their trust.
Since the last election in May 2015, I have:
- Held 50 advice surgeries and assisted thousands of constituents with the issues they face.
- Campaigned against the air pollution that is damaging our children's health.
- Helped 650 constituents with their housing issues.
- Rolled up my sleeves with local residents on clean up days to get rid of fly tipping and litter.
- Campaigned to improve local health care for people suffering from sickle cell disease, diabetes and breast cancer.
- Opened the new buildings at Alperton Community School.
- Worked with the police to stop rough sleeping in Fryent Country Park.
If you re-elect me on Thursday 8th June then I will carry on working on your behalf to make sure that your voice is heard in Westminster.
If you'd like to read about what else I have done as your MP then you can do so here.