Date posted: Wednesday, 28 October 2015
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve a range of financial, health, housing and other issues, liaising with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others where necessary.
- Attend surgeries and meetings and respond to daily queries from constituents and relevant agencies.
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are logged updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent cases reported to the Member.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent written and oral skills; analytical and research skills; IT and communication skills.
- Ability to identify priorities and work independently.
- Experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of legal principles and housing matters
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour party.
- Degree in government/public policy or legal studies.
- Demonstrable experience from working in Parliament/Civil Service/Legal Services, a charitable organisation; or a public advisory role.
In line with IPSA payscales.
The position is open to UK and EU nationals.
Barry Gardiner MP is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to gender, ethnic background, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Midnight, Sunday, 08 November 2015
INTERVIEW DATES/START DATE:
Interviews will take place from 09 November 2015 and will include a written assessment. If you are invited to interview and require special arrangements, please raise this when you are contacted by us.
Successful candidates will be expected to start ASAP.
Please send Curriculum Vitae and covering letter by email to Mr Ciaran Reilly at email@example.com stating clearly "Application - Caseworker - FIRST NAME - SECOND NAME" in the subject line.
Applications received after midnight, 08 November 2015 will NOT be considered.
Candidates will be notified via email as to whether they have been shortlisted for interview or not. Due to the high volume of expected applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted.