Date posted: Thursday, 15 October 2015
- Drafting speeches, blog posts and articles;
- Drafting written parliamentary questions;
- Preparing briefing notes on policy issues; and
- Monitoring and scrutinising key policy developments.
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment;
- Ability to identify priorities and work independently.
- Degree in government/public policy or environmental studies;
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour party;
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one of the following policy areas: UK energy policy; Environmental Policy; EU/International Climate Change policy.
- Work experience in: Parliament/Civil Service; any energy and environment-oriented think tank, charity or NGO; or an academic/scientific institution.
The position is based in Westminster, however, occasional travel to the constituency and conferences may be required.
Commensurate with experience. In line with IPSA payscales.
The position is open to UK and EU nationals.
Barry Gardiner MP is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to gender, ethnic background, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Midnight, Sunday, 25 October 2015
Interviews will take place at Westminster during the week beginning Monday, 26 October 2015. Assessment will include a written test. If you need any special arrangements to be made, for example, if you have a disability, you should raise this when you are contacted by us.
Successful candidates will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Please send Curriculum Vitae and covering letter addressed to Barry Gardiner by email to Mr Ciaran Reilly at email@example.com stating clearly "Application - Parliamentary Researcher - Name Surname" in the subject line.
Applications received after midnight on Sunday 25th October 2015 will NOT be considered.
Due to the high volume of expected applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted.