Date posted: Monday, 19 October 2015
This is a senior position and will involve:
- Drafting speeches, blog posts and articles;
- Planning and delivery of political campaigns;
- Liaising with journalists and press officers and coordinating media appearances;
- Preparing press releases; and
- Monitoring media developments and identifying media opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment; and
- Ability to identify priorities and work independently.
- Degree in government/public policy, environmental studies or journalism;
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour party;
- Demonstrable media/journalism experience within the energy & environmental arena;
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK energy policy; Environmental Policy; EU/International Climate Change policy.
The position is based in Westminster, however, occasional travel to the constituency and conferences may be required.
Commensurate with experience, higher end of IPSA payscales.
The position is open to UK and EU nationals.
Barry Gardiner MP is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to gender, ethnic background, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Midnight, Wednesday, 28 October 2015
Interviews will take place at Westminster shortly thereafter. Assessment will include a written test. If you need any special arrangements to be made, for example, if you have a disability, you should raise this when you are contacted by us.
Successful candidates will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Please send Curriculum Vitae and covering letter addressed to Barry Gardiner by email to Mr Ciaran Reilly at email@example.com stating clearly "Application - Communications & Campaigns Director - Name Surname" in the subject line.
Applications received after midnight on Wednesday, 28 October 2015 will NOT be considered.
Due to the high volume of expected applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted.