Today, Barry and his team visited Preston Road Station and shops on Ealing Road to talk to voters about their concerns and Labour's vision for a fairer country. Barry also set out his pledges for the people of Brent North.
Barry said 'The people of this country can't take another 5 years of Conservative government. I want to see a country run for the many, not the few and I hope I can count on your support. These are my pledges to you:
- On what you earn- Average earnings in Conservative Britain are 10% less in real terms than in 2007 under Labour! Under Labour a £10 an hour minimum wage will benefit 5.6 million people on low pay.
- On the housing crisis- Young couples cannot afford to set up a home of their own in Conservative Britain and there are 200,000 fewer homeowners. Labour will build 1 million new homes.
- On Business- Big companies are holding on to more than £36 billion of small businesses' money by making late payments. Labour will crack down on big companies who make late payments to small suppliers.
- On our schools- Under the Tories schools in Brent are losing up to £1,000 per pupil. Labour pledges Free School Meals for all primary pupils and fair funding.
- On the NHS- 1.8 million people are waiting more than 4 hours to be seen at A&E in Conservative Britain. Under Labour that figure was only 350,000.
- On Pensions- Conservative Ministers are ready to abandon the triple lock. Labour will guarantee the triple lock for pension security and dignity in old age.
- On the Social Care Crisis- The Tories have cut Social Care by £4.6 million. Labour will increase Carer's Allowance by 17% to recognise the love that the 6.5 million people provide for their relatives and friends.
If you would like to see a fairer society then please vote for me on the 8th of June."