Today, Barry spoke in the House to ask the Foreign Secretary, Dominic Raab about the hundreds of thousands of British Citizens stranded abroad. Many of these British nationals abroad are in urgent need of help from our government.
The Government must be committed to helping these citizens. Amongst other things, Barry asked the Foreign Secretary:
- To ensure embassy telephone lines are kept open.
- To find flights home no matter how long it takes and guarantee accommodation for them in the meantime
- To make a plan for the safe care and medical assessment of British cruiseline passengers
- To negotiate with countries to ensure the safety of British citizens abroad during quarantine
- To tell us how he is keeping in touch with worried citizens abroad and their families in the UK