To launch the first ever London Climate Action Week in Parliament, Barry hosted an event entitled Responding to the Climate Emergency, looking at the role that London and Parliament can play in tackling the climate crisis. The event was opened with a spoken word recital by Roundhouse Youth Poetry Slam winner, Rakaya Esime Fetuga. The panel discussion contributors included:
- Sandrine Dixon-Decleve, President, Club of Rome
- Nick Mabey, CEO, E3G and founder of London Climate Action Week
- Ed Matthew, Coordinator of the UK Net Zero Campaign
- Malini Mehra, CEO, GLOBE International
- Baroness Jenny Jones, former Deputy Mayor of London
- Representatives from the UK Youth Strike for Climate movement
London Climate Action Week brought together London’s climate expertise and talent from across sectors to run events across the city focused on taking local, national and international action. These events highlighted the scaling up of practical solutions and identifying new solutions to help cut our carbon emissions to keep global temperature increases within 1.5C and support the Paris Agreement.