Date posted: Monday, 16 June 2015 - Please note that this is being reposted
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve a range of financial, health, housing and other issues, liaising with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others where necessary.
- Attend surgeries and meetings and respond to daily queries from constituents and relevant agencies.
- Excellent written and oral skills; analytical and research skills; IT and communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment.
- Ability to identify priorities and work independently.
- Knowledge of legal principles.
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour party.
- Degree in government/public policy or legal studies.
- Demonstrable experience from working in Parliament/Civil Service/Legal Services, a charitable organisation; or a public advisory role.
- Working knowledge of local government and community services, housing and benefit matters.
Successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract until 31/03/2016 to be renewed thereafter.
In line with IPSA payscales.
The position is open to UK and EU nationals.
Barry Gardiner MP is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to gender, ethnic background, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Midnight, Monday, 22 June 2015
INTERVIEW DATES/START DATE:
Interviews will take place from 24 June 2015 and will include a written assessment. If you are invited to interview and require special arrangements, please raise this when you are contacted by us.
Successful candidates will be expected to start ASAP.
Please send Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages) and 1-page covering letter addressed to Barry Gardiner by email to Mr Ciaran Reilly at email@example.com stating clearly "Application - Caseworker - FIRST NAME - SECOND NAME" in the subject line.
Applications received after midnight, 22 June 2015 will NOT be considered.
Candidates will be notified via email as to whether they have been shortlisted for interview or not. Due to the high volume of expected applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted.